Monday, June 4, 2007

It's come to this.

I can't afford the time for therapy. And it seems so self-indulgent anyway, yes?

I am not allowed to shatter the perception of our perfect-couple-hood by airing this dirty laundry in public. And anyway, who would understand? The woman who can't get hot for her Good Guy husband, but gets wet just thinking about the guy she just met in a bar?

Such a cliche. Such an embarrassment.

And now. I find myself looking forward to conversations with The German in a way that I know I shouldn't. I think about what he'd sound like, what he'd murmur in my ear with his arm wrapped around my waist.

I need a good defense. Save me from myself.

2 comments:

Have the T-shirt said...

That's what it's all about, isn't it? Being saved from ourselves. So to do that, you need to really know yourself. What are you running from by running into someone else's arms? What is your decision to do this based on?

Everyday lately I have to tell myself why that other path will only lead to ruin, but the temptation to default to old behaviors is so great.

Here's hoping you find your way :)

2amsomewhere said...

The woman who can't get hot for her Good Guy husband, but gets wet just thinking about the guy she just met in a bar?

Such a cliche. Such an embarrassment.


While having an affair may be a violation of your own integrity, your lack of arousal for a "nice" guy may have some merit.

--
2amsomewhere